Monday, August 08, 2005

Blogging Tories: Comments on my threatened Expulsion and subsequent decision to leave!

Here is the text, unedited as sent to me by Stephen Taylor via my email re: posts that I have recently made and comments attached to them. Stephen and some of his weak-kneed friends at the Blogging Tories found great offense to some of this material (which I let stay on the blog for everyone to decide for their self as to its merit and your perusal to let me know if I am in fact a bigot or a racist as some a-holes found fit to call me). There is again, nothing illegal or wrong with any of the statements made, although they are controversial in this liberal day and age, and as such may offend some people. I have chosen to let these statements stay because I believe in free-speech and NOT CENSORSHIP unlike Mr. Taylor.

As you can see by the tone of this email, I am an embarrasment to the BloggingTories and threatening to destroy them and the entire Conservative Party according to Stephen and his buddies. Of course since Stephen hangs in Ottawa at any opportunity to ingratiate himself with any politico he can latch onto, one wonders if his pronouncements on behalf of the CPC are to be taken with a grain of salt? Either way, I respect the LITTLE EMPIRE he is building for himself and certain of his LIBERAL MINDED friends and I will go my own way as I state in my response below:

Brian,

as you're likely aware, your most recent post has caused quite a furor in the blogosphere.

While your post is a slightly 'controversial'criticism on immigration, it is the comments on that post have me (and some other Blogging Tories) ashamed of your association within the group.

Discussions of the "white race" and decrying intermarriage/"race mixing" have absolutely no place in any organization with even a remote association with the Conservative Party of Canada.

I have discussed with Craig (the other Blogging Tories admin) and some
other Blogging Tories what should be done.

We recognize your right to free speech, however, we also recognize our
right to determine what group of individuals we want associated with
our group.

As such we see two possibilities,



a) You can purge the comments section of your latest post on
immigration (all comments) or
b) Continue to express your opinion, unmolested, but realize that we
cannot continue to endorse you as a member of Blogging Tories.
Please note that you are free to choose your own path here, but we are
also free to choose ours. If you choose to continue your association
with Blogging Tories, please be advised that a similar notice in the
future will not be forthcoming in response to a similar incident and
that we will choose in favour of your removal from the blogroll.


Sincerely,


Stephen Taylor
Craig Smith

Now my response:

Stephen:

After some deliberation on my part, I have decided that 'I no longer want anything to do with the blogging tories.' Thus you can remove me from the roll and I will delete any mention of the bloggingtories from my blog.

I do not see what I have done to bring shame to the blogging Tories and nothing that you have mentioned in your email indicates where I have. In regards the comments, I'm not aware that any of them are illegal, hateful or unfair. I do not advocate anywhere for anyone to belong to any group nor do I belong to any group other than a political party (which I may be considering the wisdom of in future). Furthermore, if I choose to favour my own kind and stand up for them and be concerned for their future survival whilst you think it is not important at all, then obviously we have entirely differing views of the future, the present and even what politics is about.

In regards racial mixing, please point out to me what I said that is so offensive or wrong if I even said anything?

You also speak as though you are some expert on what views the conservative party of Canada has... I guess your meetings with a few MP's in Ottawa has gone to your head apparently...

If you wish to cave into globalism/liberalism and still continue to call yourself a conservative without any thought to questioning the status quo and all accepted ways of thinking then I do not wish to associate with the bloggingtories any longer. This is what is best for everyone. It appears that the blogging Tories for the most part are a group of 20 somethings with little real world experience that are idealistic and in some cases opportunistic and I have little in common with such people.
Frankly, many of the members remind me more of liberals than any kind of conservative anyhow.

If this is the face of the NEW conservative party then it is starting to remind me too much of the old PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVES.

All the same I appreciate the opportunity to express my views let me know if you disagree with anything I have said but I doubt you will lest you enter into an argument that you cannot win.

I wish you luck in the future,

yours truly,

Brian